- Our new teaching series "I am a Missionary"begins on January 27th and with it a number of small groups throughout the community. The series and the groups will follow the book "Missional Essentials".
- buy the book! ... it is available after each service for $10. With an investment of $10 and a 12 week comittment to following along, by the end of April your life will not be the same...I guarantee it.
- join a group... groups can be as small as two and as many as 12...follow along the series and the book with a group of people on the same journey. We were created for community.
- groups can form in a number of ways:
- form your own...invite friends...invite people you've just met...just invite. If you dont feel comfortable with the idea of leading (the book is pretty well "self led"), then let me know that you would host a group and I probably have someone who could "lead it"
- some will be listed here and at church ... join one of them
- don't get hung up on childcare... each group can "figure out" their own childcare situation or you can decide to have your own childcare in place. Again, it is an investment. Get creative, problem solve, work it out ... in community.
- There is nowhere in scripture that we are taught that this journey towards Christ is a journey best traveled alone, yet it is the single most chosen route by people claiming to be trying to follow Him. "Engage God" must become truth for us as a church and for each of us as individuals if we are to be the people we were called and sent to be.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Posted by Dan at 11:58 AM